Friday 31 January 2014

January 2014 Review

January saw my net worth increase by 1.1%, with poor investment & pension performance offset by reasonable savings and an increase in my property value.

The value of my investment portfolio was down over 2% following sharp decreases in equities markets late in the month. Purchases were limited to standing monthly purchases of the HK and China indices. The recent movements in emerging markets equities and currencies are of concern, but i'm letting the dust settle on the recent falls before considering new purchases.

My pension fund unit values fell around 1%. Having started the month positively, values dropped significantly towards the end of the month

Property rental income was steady. I also increased the value i hold the property at given continued strength in the local market. My valuation is still lagging the actual market to maintain a conservative view.

Cash balances decreased following the payment of most of my income tax bill which was fully provided for. Savings were slightly below average as a number of Christmas and travel costs at the end of the year fell into January.

Year to date net worth growth: 1.1%
Year to date savings rate: 46%

No comments:

Post a Comment