Monday 3 March 2014

3049.HK Purchased

Following a long period of sitting on the sidelines, today i increased my holding of the China CSI300 tracker ETF.

China shares have taken a real beating over the last few weeks, with both declining values coupled with a depreciating currency.

I've been buying this ETF for around 8 months as part of a small but regular monthly investment with an average purchase price of around HKD5.7.  Following the recent sharp drop, today I added to this position with the equivalent of around 3 months regular purchases, at an incremental price of HKD4.98.

Whilst there are obvious risks associated with China shares, and in particular the large index weighting to financials, i consider the current valuation sufficiently low to justify additional purchases. I intend to continue the small standard monthly purchase unless there are any developments that warrant a rethink of my China exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment