Tuesday 29 April 2014

April 2014 Review

April saw my net worth increase by 3.3%, with positive movements in all major asset categories.

The value of my investment portfolio increased by around 0.7%. Purchases were limited to standing monthly purchases of the HK & China indices, with no dividends in the month.  I am still in two minds about whether to continue increasing my exposure to China but the monthly investment is currently very small.

My pension fund unit values increased by around 2%, with gains mainly in western equities.

Property rental income was paid in full & on time with no additional expenses.  I increased the recorded value of my property by another 5% following strong market increases & local sales. It is still held at around 10% below the implied market value, reflecting my skepticism around the sustainability of current valuations.

Cash balances increased with good income & average expenses.  The month's expenses included holiday expenditure that had been budgeted for.

Year to date net worth growth: 15.7%
Year to date savings rate: 76%

No comments:

Post a Comment