Friday 1 August 2014

July 2014 Review

July saw my net worth increase by 2.4%, with gains in investments, pension funds & another increase in property value.

The value of my investment portfolio increased by close to 1% as equity markets rallied. The largest purchase in the month was an emerging market bond ETF.  Both the HK and China tracker ETFs had healthy gains.

My pension fund unit values increased by around 1.5% with gains in the HK market in particular.

Property rental income was paid in full & on time with no additional expenses. I increased the value of my property again, by around 3% this time. I'm still holding it around 8% below market value as i don't think all of the recent increases are sustainable.

Cash balances were slightly lower with good income and average expenses offset by the bond ETF investment.

Year to date net worth growth: 19.8%
Year to date savings rate: 69%

No comments:

Post a Comment