Monday 24 June 2013

HK iBond Purchased

I've been allocated 2 lots (HKD20,000) in the latest HK iBond launch.  This is down from the 3 lots i was allocated last year, but is better than nothing given the inevitable 3%+ day one gain as it is valued & traded on the secondary market.

Last year i sold the 3 lots fairly quickly to realise the day 1 gain & reinvest the funds. I'm tempted to do the same again this year, with the equities pull back looking to offer some good buying opportunities.

As the amounts are small i'm not too concerned either way.

1 comment:

  1. If I needed the cash, I would sell mine. Since the interest is more than what the bank pays me, is there a reason to sell?

    I agree that the amounts are so small it does not really matter.

    Cheers
    traineeinvestor

    ReplyDelete