Sunday 30 June 2013

June 2013 Review

June saw my net worth fall by 0.6%, with a sharp drop in the value of my pensions and investments more than offsetting savings for the month.  This has been my worst month on record, and the first down month for over 4 years.

The investment portfolio was down 5% with sharp falls in the emerging markets and fixed income components in particular.  Gold & Silver continued their decline. I added positions in a global high dividend ETF and an asia pacific high dividend ETF, along with a small HK iBond subscription.

My pension fund unit values fell by over 6% with global equities falling, but emerging markets in particular.

My property remained occupied with no out of plan expenses.

Cash balances fell with the new investments. Income was strong but the savings rate was lower than average, with a couple of out of plan expenses associated with renewing my tenancy agreement.

Year to date net worth growth: 26.7%
Year to date savings rate: 77%

No comments:

Post a Comment