Tuesday 30 December 2014

December 2014 Review

December saw my net worth increase by 1%, mainly a result of gains in equities, pension funds, and foreign exchange movements during the month.

The value of my investment portfolio increased by around 1% with sharp falls in early December more than offset by increases towards the end of the month. There were also a number of larger dividends earned during the month and a large capital gain was realised. I've done a separate post summarising December's purchases & sales.

I updated the fx rates used to assess net worth, following a sustained strengthening of HKD/USD against GBP.

My pension fund unit values also increased around 1% despite weakness in early December

Property rental income was paid in full & on time.

Cash balances were higher, with investment sales exceeding purchases. Savings were also reasonable, despite some travel & Christmas related expenses.

Year to date net worth growth: 28%
Year to date savings rate: 64%

I'll follow this with a 2014 full year review post, and a separate look ahead to 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment