Thursday 29 January 2015

January 2015 Review

January saw my net worth increase by 1.5%, mainly a result of a good month for my investments & lower expenses.

The value of my investment portfolio increased by around 3% with strong performance across many markets, albeit with increased volatility and some pull backs at the end of the month. Favourable fx movements also impacted the value of a number of my ETFs. There were no notable investments during the month.

I also updated the fx rates used to assess net worth, following further strengthening of HKD & USD against GBP. This had a favourable impact.

My pension fund unit values increased around 2% from strength in equities markets.

Property rental income was paid in full & on time.

Cash balances were higher, with healthy income & relatively low expenses to start the year. Lets hope the rest of the year continues in this manner.

Year to date net worth growth: 1.5%
Year to date savings rate: 54%

No comments:

Post a Comment