Thursday 31 October 2013

October 2013 Review

October saw my net worth increase by 3%, with increases in investments, pensions, property & positive (although lower than average) savings.

The value of my investment portfolio was up over 3% with strong increases in developed market equities in particular.  New purchases for the month include more units of a Global High Dividend ETF (VHYL.L) and a new HK listed RMB Bond ETF (3139.HK).  Both new investments have been increasing since purchase.

My pension fund unit values increased by over 2% as global equities markets generally had a good month.

My property was occupied with the new higher rent coming in on schedule from the new tenant. I also increased the value i hold the property at in my records following continued increases in the local market. This is the second increase this year, but the value i'm using is still at the conservative end of the local range.  I'm expecting a number of maintenance costs to come through in November to resolve a few issues highlighted by the new tenant, which will make a big dent in next month's rental income.

Cash balances reduced due to a couple of new investments in the month. Income was good but expenses were higher than average following a holiday and a few treats in the month.  My expenses are running quite a bit above my original plan now, but i'll do some more work to understand the reasons before taking any action.

Year to date net worth growth: 37.8%
Year to date savings rate: 71%

No comments:

Post a Comment