Thursday 4 April 2013

Silver purchased

I decided to buy a small amount of Silver today, at approx USD26.8

Gold and Silver have both fallen sharply in the last few days, and both are now testing 1 year lows. I've been holding a small amount of gold in my investment portfolio since i re-entered the markets last October, which is now close to 10% below cost.

I think there are a number of mixed messages in the market at the moment, with fresh easing in Japan, mixed economic data in the US, continued uncertainty in Europe and increasingly bizarre comments coming from North Korea.

Given the combination of reaching a key technical low, the recent sharp drop in value and continued uncertainty i thought i would add to my precious metals, this time going for Silver to add some further diversification.

The investment is small for now. My assumption is that if precious metals start going up, there's a good chance shares will fall, in which case i'll buy some shares instead.  If metals continue to fall, i might add to this position.

No comments:

Post a Comment