Wednesday 31 July 2013

July 2013 Review

July saw my net worth increase by 3.7%, following a rebound in the performance of my pension funds and investments, along with an increase in the valuation of my property.

The value of my investment portfolio increased by over 3% with most of the ETFs improving after a poor June. Metals & the China ETF continue to lag, and the only investment in the month was a small standing monthly order of the HK index.

My pension fund unit values increased by over 5% largely offsetting the falls in June, helped by a higher UK weighting.

My property remained occupied, although i'm expecting a few small expenses to come through over the next couple of months.  I've increased the value i hold my property at by around 4%, the first change in almost a year, following consistently higher local market valuations.

Cash balances increased strongly with good income, average expenses and no major investments. I'm expecting my savings rate to fall as the year goes on as i'm planning a few holidays in the coming months.

Year to date net worth growth: 31.3%
Year to date savings rate: 76%

No comments:

Post a Comment